Dr Navin Chandra MD (Res), MRCP, MBBS, BSc (Hons)
Dr Navin Chandra is a leading Consultant Cardiologist at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust and an Honorary Consultant Cardiologist at Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust. He manages all aspects of Adult Cardiology in the emergency, acute and chronic setting. Dr Chandra specialises in Interventional Cardiology including diagnostic coronary angiography, percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) and permanent pacemaker implantation (PPM).
Dr Chandra qualified from Guy’s, King’s & St. Thomas’s School of Medicine in 2004 with MBBS and BSc (Hons) degrees and achieved full Membership to the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP UK) in 2007. He also completed an MD (Res) from the University of London in 2014 and maintains a strong academic background. His award winning research has focused on ‘Sports Cardiology & Inherited Cardiac Conditions’ where he was regularly reviewing elite athletes. This led to numerous high impact peer-reviewed publications and international conference presentations.
Dr Chandra undertook specialist training in Cardiology in the London Deanery (North-West Thames Rotation) and subspecialty training in Interventional Cardiology at Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust. Following this he was awarded the prestigious British Cardiovascular Interventional Society (BCIS) International Fellowship on Vancouver Island, Canada. This training developed his expertise in managing complex patients with heart disease, including those conventionally considered ‘high-risk’. He is passionate about incorporating the use of technology, physiology and imaging in the management of heart disease to optimise patient care and maximise patient outcomes.
Whether you have symptoms of heart disease, are seeking heart disease risk assessment or have a known heart condition, Dr Chandra is here to help. Contact us for more information.
Call us on
+44 (0) 20 7099 9685
Monday - Friday
8:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday - Sunday
8:00am to 2:00pm
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
Dr Chandra is aware of the challenging and ever-changing climate with respect to the COVID-19 threat. In an effort to minimise risk and to continue to provide an efficient service, the following measures have been put in place:
- Due to current circumstances Dr Chandra can offer telephone or video consultations as well as face to face consultations when required. These will be arranged at your convenience by his PA.
- If you need to attend for cardiac diagnostic tests, this is provided efficiently with a single visit to our clinic where possible. We will also do our best to send mobile diagnostics such as ECG and heart rhythm monitoring directly to your home. You will be able to contact a member of staff who can help you with fitting these devices. After you have worn these devices, you can simply take it off, and return it in the self-addressed stamped package in the post.
- We ask that you kindly forward any prior clinical letters, GP referrals and test results to email@example.com prior to your first appointment.
- We would ask for all patients to check updated guidance on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ prior to travelling to any appointments.
- If you are covered by private medical insurance, it is likely that your insurer will fully cover the telephone and/or video consultation and onward diagnostic tests.
- If you have any questions, please call Dr Chandra’s secretary on 020 7099 9685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer them.
The synergy, skill and communication were seamless and problems met during the procedure were quickly managed. I know, as I was there and I was wide awake. It was inspiring! Later that evening Doctor Chandra’s patience and knowledge gave us the answers to our many questions and concerns.
Doctor Chandra’s skills and the teamwork that he facilitated, was like watching the perfect tango on Strictly Come Dancing!
Thank you for literally giving my husband a second chance at life, you are amazing.
A huge, massive thanks for looking after our dear Dad last week, you are all amazing and work so hard, thank you.
Dr Navin Chandra and Team, this is to say a big “THANK YOU” for all the care, attention, proficiency and expert medical care during my operations.